Sunday, July 6, 2008

tonight was pretty crazy. it was the last night of the freedom festival here in logan (more on that later...) and three of the staff from the youthworks site in lincoln county came down to hang out with the logan staff for the night. one of them is this guy, alex. we were all hanging out by the crazy nausea-inducing spinny rides that no carnival/festival would be complete without; and he asked me my story, so i told him as we walked over to the gas station to get some regularly-priced refreshments. on the way up to the church to watch the fireworks, i asked him about his, and boy did he tell me. both of our stories start very similarly, but the turning point is different. in mine, God used a recurring dream to call me to Him. in his, God gave him a vision. he continued to tell me all the things God had brought him through, all the temptations and trials, mistakes and mess-ups, to the point where he finally could surrender his life completely over to Jesus. and, he continued to tell me about his adventures with the Holy Spirit since that day. God has given him a wonderful gift of prophetic knowledge. he told me after the story that when he met me he saw that God was going to do great things through me here, and saw the love of God shining through me as i spoke to some teens downtown tonight. he said they were so attracted to Jesus in me. and he said he knew God was going to bless my ministry here in logan and the number 20 popped in his head. i've known and believed all of this, but after these first few weeks of feeling kind of task-less, i needed to hear it again. i could feel the Spirit flowing through me as he spoke these words to me, and He refreshed me. we were talking the whole time the fireworks were going off. God is so amazing.
my first community meeting is wednesday at 10:30. pray for me. it's going to be awesome.
::

No comments:

Post a Comment