Friday, January 22, 2010

on december 30th, right before the new year, i reinvented myself. i changed my name, officially, to andrew monte browning-couch. it's been interesting trying to remember to put it on things especially as i fill out lots and lots of job applications. i even had to practice a new signature so that i wouldn't do the old one automatically when i sign a receipt or important paper work. i like me new signature and i like my new name. it's like alissa and i are officially, finally a real family; we share a name.

i was going to write something thoughtful and probing about the importance of names how they affect our views of ourselves. i even saved the first sentence of this post to finish later; but, honestly, right now talking about my signature is way more interesting.

a picture from the honeymoon:

(the browning-couches after a lot of walking in san francisco)

::

No comments:

Post a Comment