Friday, June 6, 2008

i'm actually here. its pretty strange. when i'm just sitting around, i all of a sudden remember that i live here now. this morning i woke up and walked outside and i saw this...


...and thought, "i live here now." it's pretty cool to live somewhere.
yesterday when i got here, i pretty much just settled myself in and went to get dinner at taco bell. then i stayed up until about 12:30 playing guitar and worshiping. i could barely sleep last night, my mind was just racing, and kept waking me up. i couldn't even make it until 8:00 this morning, i was up and ready to go. i couldn't even focus to pray or read anything either, so i just played and worshiped more. finally i went out to try and set up a p.o. box and a bank account. i got the post office and they wanted a driver's license and a voter registration card. i went to city hall to get a voter registration card and they wanted a piece of mail with my address on it. i went to the bank to set up an account and they wanted a west virginia driver's license, proof of physical address (read: mail), and proof of a mailing address (read: more mail). so basically my day is a bust, because i know the dmv will want proof of physical address too, and the title of my car needs to get switched before i can get license plates for it and i have to get it inspected before i can get the plates too. surprisingly, health insurance was the easiest to get out of all of them. they sent the card the other day and it should be here soon. mail. the first key to the puzzle. all this and it's only 11 in the morning.

::

3 comments:

  1. Andrew,
    I am sending you the Bible verse I was telling you about last night. After a day like today, when obstacles kept you from meeting your set goals, I think you can use it as much as I can; worrying about you in your new life.

    Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Jesus Christ.
    Philippians 4:6-7

    I'm really proud of you!!!
    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Andy, it's me. I just thought that you would like to hear me say hi....

    Hi.

    I think that you are the greatest, but don't make that a burden, make it motivation. I just thought that you would like to hear that. You left your Scrabble game at my house.

    ReplyDelete
  3. andy.

    you are there. i don't have words. i'm proud of you for following the path God has set before you. and i'm excited to play canasta when i'm in Logan.

    see you later today!

    jess

    ReplyDelete